An Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) machine is not a laser. It has filtered light at a certain wavelength which imitates a laser. The IPL may effectively irritate the hair but will not destroy the hair follicle like a laser can. You will see more permanent hair reduction with a diode laser because it not only targets the hair follicle, but the blood supply to the hair follicle as well.
– People who have had unprotected sun exposure or used tanning beds in the last 4-6 weeks
– Have blonde, grey, or white hair they want removed
– Have used self-tanners in the last two weeks
– Have waxed, plucked, used electrolysis, or used hair removal creams on the area being treated
– Have a pacemaker or internal defibrillator
– Have used Accutane within the last 6 months
– Have a history of keloid scarring
– Have any abnormal or undiagnosed pigmentation or autoimmune skin disorders such as vitiligo
– Have non-intact skin (infection, psoriasis, eczema, rash of any kind) in the area being treated
– Have had laser resurfacing in the area being treated within the last 3 months
– Have poorly controlled diabetes
– Ladies that are pregnant or nursing
– Taking medication that may cause photosensitivity
– Have had a chemical or mechanical peel on the area being treated within the last two weeks
– Have had any injections or fillers in the area being treated within the last 2 weeks
– Have tattoos on the area being treated
– Shave the area being treated closely the day before your appointment. Continue to use shaving as your only method of hair removal in the area being treated during your laser hair removal treatment series
– Avoid the sun!
– Ladies, do not book your appointment when you are on your period, as this will make everything feel more painful!
– On the day of the appointment, avoid perfumes, colognes, lotions, deodorants, and any other body products on the area being treated
– You may choose to take Tylenol or Advil 30 mins before your appointment
*Note: You may use a topical anesthetic cream 30-60 minutes before the treatment, but most clients find it unnecessary with this laser. The Brazilian treatment area is where numbing cream is most commonly used. Zensa numbing cream may be purchased from LA Laser & Spa ahead of time.
– Treat the skin like you would a mild sunburn
– Avoid any kind of heat to the area being treated over the next few days
– Avoid exercise for a couple of days
– Avoid the sun! Use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher
– Do not scrub, scratch, pick at, or use strong topical creams or harsh soaps
– Do not shave until the skin has completely gone back to normal. The treated hairs will fall out in about a month.
– If wearing makeup in the area, use mineral makeup
– If any discomfort is present you may use Benadryl creams, cortisone creams, cooling masks, or creams with aloe vera, and if necessary Tylenol
*Note: Please call LA Laser & Spa at 780-232-0965 immediately if you have any complications!
We only send one email per month with updated specials and discounts. Don’t miss out on the savings!
Copyright © 2020 LA Laser & Spa Inc.
Cancellation & Missed Appointment Policy
Your appointment time has been reserved especially for you as a valued client. We understand that sometimes schedule adjustments are necessary; however, we respectfully request a minimum of 24 hours notice. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving adequate notice, we miss the opportunity to provide services to our other clients.
Cancellations or changes made with less than 24 hours notice will be charged 50% of the regular price of the reserved service amount. No-shows will be charged 75% of the regular price of the reserved service amount.
Thank you for understanding!